Cinematic: The Mutant Ninja Turtles defend New York City

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles speak to April ONeil on the rooftop of a building.

The Magnet Tribune: MCT campus

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles speak to April O’Neil on the rooftop of a building.

William Rodriguez, Cinematic Columnist

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an exciting blockbuster that made its way to the theaters in August. Many fans of the ninja turtles couldn’t wait for the movie so they waited in line on premiere night to get a chance to watch it, and I am sure it was worth it for them because the movie is action-packed, humorous, and well done.

Which ninja turtle is your favorite?

• Michaelangelo (50%, 2 Votes)
  • Donatello (50%, 2 Votes)
  • Raphael (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Leonardo (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 4

Loading ... Loading ...

The film shows the ninja turtles as a group of mutated warriors that face off against an evil kingpin who wants to take over New York. It also shows us a back-story as to how the turtles were mutated and their sensei as well.

It all started with April O’Neil (Megan Fox) when she was younger and visiting her dad’s laboratory. In that lab there were four small turtles and one rat. April’s father injected them with a mutation serum that later caused the turtles and rat to grow bigger and stronger. One day there was a fire that started in the lab and April saved the turtles and the rat but let them go into the street. The turtles later fell into the sewers and since then they have lived underground.

The movie then focuses on the problems occurring in New York City and how the turtles sneak their way up to the streets to stop crime or to just help out someone in need.

At first they have to be very discreet as to when they appear around people. Most civilians in New York know about a vigilante that is helping the city from its crime wave but no one has an idea that its these four ninja turtles behind it all.

These four turtles are Michelangelo (Noel Fisher), Raphael (Alan Ritchson), Leonardo (Johnny Knoxville), and Donatello (Jeremy Howard). They all work together as a group trying to save the city from Shredder. They each provide a different skill that helps fight against Shredder.

The biggest problem for the turtles is the enormous and powerful Shredder. Shredder is the sensei of Eric who was a scientist helping out April’s father, but her father died and so Erick was the only scientist to know about the mutation of the turtles. Now he wants to capture the turtles and just use them for his benefit.

Shredder becomes dangerous for the city when he invades the turtles in the sewers and lets Erick capture them. They also begin to fight around the city, becoming a hazard for the people. Ultimately, the turtles will have to figure out a way to destroy Shredder and bring New York back to normal without crime.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was overall a great movie and is for the whole family to watch. Its a very entertaining movie that will have you laughing most of the time, but you will also be amazed by the action.

It is now playing in most theaters. I hope you all enjoy the film.