A state- and nationally recognized student newspaper
The Magnet Tribune: Lizeth Gutierrez
Martin High School catcher Kayla Cisneros waits for a pitch during a recent softball game.

Softball players strive for self-improvement

Three athletes use YouTube to improve at their positions

February 22, 2018

It has been a journey of self-improvement efforts for second baseman Alexa Maldonado, a junior at Martin High School.

Alexa shared that watching videos on YouTube help her get better.

“I watch videos on YouTube to try to learn and improve on my movements,” Alexa said.

The game of softball is special to her even though she has not been playing for a long time.

Don’t ever give up and keep trying until you get better at it; because life is full of risks and you always have to keep trying.”

— Alexa Maldonado

“It means a lot because I get distracted from all my problems. For example, I used to fight a lot with my mom and softball was kind of my way to get away of all the problems I had with her,” Alexa said.

She has only been playing for a year in the Martin Lady Tigers team.

Some things she does to make her team better is trying her best.

“I try to keep up, listen to advice, and try to learn more each day,” Alexa said.

She is one of many athletes that tries and keeps up and listens to the coaches and players advice.

Alexa shared a piece of advice that she would give to a beginner that is just starting to play softball.

“Don’t ever give up and keep trying until you get better at it; because life is full of risks and you always have to keep trying,” Alexa said.

The Magnet Tribune • Copyright 2022 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

The Magnet Tribune intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Magnet Tribune does not allow anonymous comments, and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All The Magnet Tribune Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *